You rely on your vehicle every day, so it’s important that you take care of it. If you continually push back necessary maintenance and ignore warning signs that something is amiss, you could end up on the side of the road when you’re meant to be picking up your kids from school or attending an important meeting. To avoid the cost and stress of a sudden breakdown, schedule preventive maintenance with Queen City Motors Service Center. Regular check-ups will keep your vehicle – and your life – running smoothly.
The Importance of Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance is essential to the health of your vehicle. Basic maintenance tasks like changing your oil, checking your tire pressure, and scheduling regular inspections will keep your vehicle in good shape and ensure that your auto technician can catch any minor issues before they escalate into major problems. In the long run, this will save you thousands.
Start by checking out your owner’s manual, which will provide a recommended regular maintenance schedule for optimal performance. It will also tell you which products are right for your vehicle, such as the type of gas, oil, and tires. If you use the wrong products or follow the wrong maintenance schedule, you run the risk of voiding your warranty or causing costly and irreversible damage.
Every vehicle requires routine preventive maintenance, so it’s important that you get in the habit of taking care of your vehicle. Many different parts of your vehicle must be regularly maintained to stay in good working condition, including all of the following:
- Tires: Check the tire pressure and tread. Rotate and balance the tires. Check tire alignment and realign when needed.
- Lights: Check that all the lights are functioning properly.
- Fluids: Check and maintain the fluids within your vehicle: engine oil, power steering fluid, radiator fluid, transmission fluid, brake fluid, air conditioning coolant (also called antifreeze), and windshield wiper fluid.
- Belts: Check the timing and serpentine belts, and replace when needed.
- Battery: Check the battery, and clean the contacts when needed.
- Throttle Body and Fuel Injectors: Inspect and clean the throttle body and fuel injectors.
- Windshield Wipers: Check the windshield wipers, and replace when needed.
- Air Filters: Check cabin air filter and engine air filter, and replace when needed.
- Spark Plugs: Check spark plugs, and replace when needed.
- Suspension: Inspect for looseness or leaks. Lube all points available.
- Brakes: Inspect for leaks and check operation.
When you schedule preventive maintenance with Queen City Motors, our experienced auto technicians will check all of your vehicle’s systems and ensure that they’re in good working order. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call.