Many people mistake car washing for detailing, but these are two very different services. While car washing typically relies on automated systems, detailing involves experienced auto technicians cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle by hand and using a variety of supplies and devices. The purpose of auto detailing is to clean and finish a vehicle to restore – or in some cases exceed – its original condition. If your vehicle is due for a deep cleaning, contact Queen City Motors Service Center today.
Our Detailing Services
When you enlist the Queen City Motors team to detail your vehicle, you can expect a spotless cleaning both inside and out. We will use a variety of products and techniques, based on your vehicle’s condition and surface types, to ensure that your vehicle is pristine when you drive it away from our lot. The process is divided into two components: exterior detailing and interior detailing.
Exterior detailing is the cleaning and restoration of the vehicle’s visible exterior components, including all of the following: tires, wheels, windows, finish, trim, and mirrors. To make your vehicle gleam, we use products like polishes, waxes, detergents, degreasers, detail clay, brushes, and towels. During this phase of the process, we will also minimize surface scratches and give your vehicle a long-lasting shine with shielding paint sealant.
Interior detailing is an extensive cleaning of your vehicle’s cabin and inner parts. We use a variety of products because most auto cabins contain a variety of materials: plastics, leather, vinyl, carbon fiber plastics, natural fibers, etc. Vacuuming and steam cleaning are typically required, as are liquid and foam cleaners, brushes, and polishes for the nonporous surfaces. Interior detailing typically requires more time and effort than exterior detailing because there are more nooks and crannies to clean and sometimes there are odors to address as well.
Benefits of Detailing
Yes, it’s always nice to have a sparkling clean car that looks like new – but that’s not the only reason why you might want to have your car detailed.
- Improve the Physical Appearance: After years of use, your vehicle will inevitably lose some of its beauty. Detailing restores your vehicle to its original appearance and eliminates dust, dirt, and scratches. You’ll fall in love with your car all over again.
- Add Value: Are you planning to sell your car soon? Before the sale, schedule a detailing to improve your vehicle’s condition and increase its resale value.
- Extend the Lifespan: Detailing removes contamination that may damage your vehicle’s leather, vinyl, chrome, or paint if left untreated. In addition, auto technicians apply a protective barrier of wax when detailing to reduce the risk of scratches.
- Improve Engine Performance: Dust and dirt are removed from the engine during detailing, which can help your engine run cooler and run more smoothly.
- Eliminate Germs: When is the last time your car’s air filters were replaced? When were the AC vents last cleaned? When these parts are dirty, they spread allergens throughout the cabin. Detailing eliminates many germs in your vehicle, making it a healthier space for the driver and passengers.
- Enhance Safety: Unclean windows can obscure the driver’s view and hazy lights can reduce visibility when driving in the dark. Detailing reduces the risk of accidents by giving the driver a clear, unobstructed view.
- Save Money: By increasing your vehicle’s lifespan and improving its performance, detailing can save you money in the long run.
Are you ready to schedule a detailing? Contact Queen City Motors today.